Women's Leadership Conference
An amazing agenda of speakers and an even more exciting celebration of Hall of Fame honorees!
Join the County of San Mateo Commission on the Status of Women for a full-day conference offering a unique perspective on women’s leadership.
Who Should Attend:
People who are interested in making change in the workplace, government, local communities, and other sectors of society, which will empower and build more female leaders in our community.
Government/Public Sector, Community, Business, Personal:
- Acknowledge biases and diversity stereotypes
- How women can participate in government and the benefits of women as legislators
- The importance of mentoring/networking during the early stages of career development
- Starting early to get women in technology
- The power of advocacy, volunteering, and philanthropy
- Gender equality vs gender equity - working to correct undervaluing women's leadership traits
- The importance of expanding the (female) talent/leadership pipeline
- Advocating for leadership diversity and inclusion
- Knocking down barriers to women's advancement: Adopting policies that promote socio, emotional, and economic well being within and outside the workplace