Women's Leadership Conference
Join the County of San Mateo Commission on the Status of Women for a full-day conference offering a unique perspective on women’s leadership.
Who Should Attend:
People who are interested in making change in the workplace, government, local communities, and other sectors of society, which will empower and build more female leaders in our community.
Government/Public Sector, Community, Business, Personal:
- Acknowledge biases and diversity stereotypes
- How women can participate in government and the benefits of women as legislators
- The importance of mentoring/networking during the early stages of career development
- Starting early to get women in technology
- The power of advocacy, volunteering, and philanthropy
- Gender equality vs gender equity - working to correct undervaluing women's leadership traits
- The importance of expanding the (female) talent/leadership pipeline
- Advocating for leadership diversity and inclusion
- Knocking down barriers to women's advancement: Adopting policies that promote socio, emotional, and economic well being within and outside the workplace