Linda served on the Foster City Council from 2003-2011 serving as Mayor in 2006 and again in 2011. She was born and raised in San Francisco, is married, has three children and four grand children. Linda received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Parks and Recreation Management from California State University, Hayward in 1971. An advocate for high quality education, she founded the original Kids Connection private preschool/elementary school in Foster City. In 2003 Linda completed a Leadership studies program sponsored by San Mateo, Foster City, Burlingame Chambers of Commerce and the Town of Hillsborough.
Her community involvement spans a variety of interests including sports organizations as well as PTA. Linda was President of Pony/Colt Baseball for 2 years as well as a member and chair of the Foster City Parks and Recreation Committee. While on the city council, she represented Foster City on key San Mateo County Boards and Committees such as:
- City &County Association of Government
- Airport Round Table and Airport Land Use Committee
- President of the Peninsula Division of the League of California Cities/ local Campaign Chair to pass State Proposition 22
- Traffic Congestion Relief Alliance
- Co-authored a City initiative to increase the TOT tax that overwhelmingly passed by the voters.
Current service on the following boards:
- San Mateo/Foster City Leadership Studies
- Foster City Chamber of Commerce
- Foster City’s Hillbarn Theatre.
- San Mateo County Civil grand Jury
- San Mateo County GOP Central Committee
- San Mateo County Commission on the Status of Women
She now wants to play a more active role in Management Consulting and provide leadership that will serve in the best interest of the community.